We deliver the latest community news right to your inbox. Missed the last one? Scroll below to view past issues.
- David A. Balfour ParkThe David A. Balfour Park/Rosehill Reservoir, Midtown Toronto’s much-loved, largest green space has re-oped after a $35 million renovation that took more than four years. You can find an interesting article about the history of the park and this project written by a DPRG member in Spacing magazine by clicking HERE.
- October NewsletterThe DPRG issues regular newsletters to its Members via email, but only posts older editions online. For the most recent community news, make sure you join the DPRG today! To read our October newsletter, click here:
- Neighbourhood Survey ResultsThe DPRG recently conducted an opinion survey to gauge the priorities of residents in our neighbourhood. Thank you to everyone who took the time to participate! If you are interested in seeing the results, please click below.
- Spring NewsletterWant the latest news in the neighbourhood? Make sure you are a Member! The DPRG only posts publicly our past newsletters, not our most recent ones. To get our newsletters as soon as they are released, sign-up today. To view our Spring newsletter, please use the link below:
- Get to know your Ontario Liberal CandidateFor residents interested in meeting and learning more about Dr. Nathan Stall, the Ontario Liberal Party’s nominated candidate for our riding of Toronto-St. Paul’s, he will be holding a virtual “meet the candidate” event on January 13th. See the invitation below for details on how to register:
- December 2021 NewsletterWant the latest news in the neighbourhood? Make sure you are a member of the DPRG so you get our newsletters as soon as they are released. To view our December newsletter, please use the link below:
- Avenue Road Memorial Walk – November 21 2021The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims is held annually on the third Sunday of November. In Toronto, Friends and Families for Safe Streets marks the day with a candle-lit walk along a dangerous street that could be made much safer. This year Avenue Road has been chosen for the walk, in recognition its dangers andContinue reading “Avenue Road Memorial Walk – November 21 2021”
- Heat Pump Webinar Nov. 23rdABCs of Air Source Heat PumpsThe Net Zero Committee of the Harbord Village Residents Association is holding a webinar on how households can help fight climate change by using an air source heat pump. The webinar will be held on Tuesday 23rd November at 7pm. Air source heat pumps (ASHP) can replace both your furnace andContinue reading “Heat Pump Webinar Nov. 23rd”
- Spring Brings HopeThe Rosehill Garden is part of the David Balfour Park. The park traces its history to 1873 when the area became Toronto’s first reservoir, part of the City’s public water distribution system. Water was pumped from an intake pump on Toronto Island, right out of Lake Ontario into your home! Click here to read moreContinue reading “Spring Brings Hope”
- PATIO at Yonge + St. Clair Now Open!Starting Friday June 18, 2021 the PATIO at Yonge + St. Clair opens to the public! Located at 1503 Yonge St. this outdoor food + drink patio lets you order from 10+ local restaurants delivered to your table, and features an on-site bar. Participating restaurants include: + 9Bars Café Latino+ Ambiyan on Yonge+ Barnsteiner’s+ Boccone Deli & Pizza Bar+ Brownes Bistro+ Capocaccia Trattoria+Continue reading “PATIO at Yonge + St. Clair Now Open!”
- Join us for our Annual DPRG AGM & Town Hall on June 2The DPRG’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be virtual again this year. In addition, we will have our Councillor, Josh Matlow, joining us after the AGM in a Townhall discussion, to update us on key issues for the neighbourhood and answer questions. Event Details Date: Wednesday June 2, 2021 Time: 6:30 pm (Townhall 7-8pm) SpecialContinue reading “Join us for our Annual DPRG AGM & Town Hall on June 2”
- A NEW APPROACH TO COMMUNITY SAFETY: MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS RESPONSE PILOT APPROVEDCouncil approved a pilot project to establish teams of mental health professionals become the first response when Toronto residents are in crisis. It is estimated that the Toronto Police Service responds to 30,000 mental health crisis calls every year- a 50% increase in just the last 5 years. Learn more about this great initiative fromContinue reading “A NEW APPROACH TO COMMUNITY SAFETY: MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS RESPONSE PILOT APPROVED”
- December 2020 NewsletterDear Members, Season’s Greetings from the DPRG Board and our families to you and your families. We hope everyone is keeping warm and cozy as the temperature drops and the nights grow longer. To read our December Newsletter, please click below.
- September 2020 NewsletterThe DPRG hopes that you have had a safe and happy summer. We are now getting back to work on your behalf following our first virtual AGM last June, when we reported on the events of the past year. We will have our first Board meeting at the end of September but wanted to share someContinue reading “September 2020 Newsletter”
- Spring 2020The Deer Park Residents Group are pleased to bring you the February 2020 issue of our newsletter. For a copy of our February 2020 newsletter please visit:
- Our NewslettersWe deliver the latest community news right to your inbox. Missed the last one? click here to read past issues.
You must be logged in to post a comment.